1. Don’t eat after 5pm, period.
- This is a must. Your body needs time to digest the food that you’ve eaten. If you’re not hungry when you go to bed, you’ve eaten too much or too late.
2. Carbonated water is your new best friend.
- The good kind has zero listed for everything on the nutrition label.
- Most come in fruity flavors like peach, strawberry, etc. and are usually sold at walmart and cvs.
3. Gum is your second best friend. Make sure it’s sugar free and watch how many pieces you chew a day.
- It’s hard the first few days, but gets better.
- It’s a great way to detox.
- Here’s a great website I’ve found: http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/index.html
- I prefer running, but any form of cardio is excellent.
- It’s important to get your heart rate elevated and to keep it there as long as possible.
- Always exercise on an empty stomach (this will send your body into a ketonic stage and will therefore burn more calories)
6. Decide the number of bites you want to devote to your meal. For example, you’re only going to take 5 bites of what’s on your plate. Make them small, enjoy each one, but only take 5 bites throw the rest away.
7. Make sure you load up on protein and eat as few carbs as possible.